Inspired by the conferences in Edinburgh and Amsterdam, we are editing a book: To Exist is to Resist: Black Feminism in Europe.
This edited collection will explore how women of colour:
- Theorise Black feminism and womanism from European perspectives
- Build and sustain activist spaces for survival and resistance
- Challenge, subvert and transform socialist, feminist, populist and/or anarchist politics
- Develop transnational alliances and intersectional and intergenerational coalitions for equality and social justice
- Engage with creative practice as a means of activism and self-preservation
We have an agreement in principle from Pluto Press to publish this edited collection.
We seek 3,000-5,000 word chapters (including bibliography) in English from activists, practitioners, artists, students and scholars by Monday, 18th September 2017.
If you’re interested in contributing a chapter, please contact Akwugo Emejulu.